Happpppy Friday!!!! This week was long, but, luckily, between the excitement in Charlotte, and busying myself with getting ready for the Super Bowl, it hasn’t seemed too, too bad. We’re getting our menu ready over here – we already have chicken wings, pulled pork sliders, spinach dip, and pasta salad on it, and we even got Panther-themed cookies from Suarez Bakery for our dessert. I am so excited and cannot wait for game day. I’ll be busy cooking on Saturday, and it’ll be hard not to touch those delicious cookies (they seriously make the best!), but luckily I have a few of these Valentine’s Day chocolate dipped marshmallow treats in my freezer to tide me over.
Last year, I made this red velvet cookie dough ice cream for Valentine’s Day (seriously, so good), but I wanted to make something even easier this year for the big day. These treats are super simple, but the chocolate and sprinkles make them really festive. They’re great for a crowd, but they do freeze well which makes them perfect to snack on whenever you get the craving. If you need an easy treat to whip up next week for Valentine’s but will be recovering from the game this weekend (maybe that’s just me?), these are great – they take no longer than a couple hours from start to finish, and the bulk of that time is waiting for the treats to cool.
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 6 cups miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups krispy rice cereal
- 1 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Sprinkles, if desired
- In a large pot over medium low heat, melt the butter. Add in the marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from the heat and stir in the cereal until well combined. Spray a baking dish with cooking spray and spread the mixture into an even layer (depending upon how thick/thin you want it). You can use a spatula coated with cooking spray to help even out the treats. Let cool for at least 2 hours.
- Cut the treats using a cookie cutter or into squares. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, microwave the chocolate chips in 30 second intervals, stirring well between each one, until completely melted. Take the treats and dip one side in the chocolate and place on a baking sheet lined with wax paper. Top with sprinkles, if desired. Repeat with remaining treats and let chocolate harden in the fridge for 15 minutes. Remove from fridge.
- Treats are best eaten the day of, but can be kept in an airtight container for a couple of days, or frozen for a month or two.